Become a Take Heart America community.
Cardiac arrest is highly unpredictable. An average of 7% of Americans who suffer a cardiac arrest outside of a hospital survive with minimal loss of brain function.
The Take Heart America system of care in pilot communities increased survivability to 20% overall and to 50% for people with shockable heart rhythms.
That’s great news, but we need your help to get the word out. Combatting this serious health threat requires a concentrated effort by everyday citizens, community leaders, first responders, EMS personnel, medical professionals and industry innovators.
Will you be the champion who brings this life-saving care to your community?
Chances are your community already has many of the elements in place to jumpstart a more effective cardiac arrest survival program.
Our team at Take Heart America will fully support you by helping:
• Establish a medical direction for cardiac arrest care
• Create community CPR/automated external defibrillator training and public
• Implement quality CPR training for first responders and EMS personnel
• Follow the most effective American Heart Association recommendations
• Collaborate with local hospitals to become cardiac arrest centers
• Adopt Take Heart America quality improvement programs as they are developed
• Record outcomes through the Cardiac Arrest Registry to Enhance Survival or similar databases
Take Heart America Communities:
Alameda County, California
Anoka County, Minnesota
Broward County, Florida
Lake Jackson, Texas
New Orleans, Louisiana
Palm Beach County, Florida
Salt Lake City, Utah
San Antonio, Texas
SC and SW EMS Regions, Minnesota
St. Cloud, Minnesota
St. Paul, Minnesota
State of Minnesota
State of Ohio
Suffolk, New York